Size 8 Model Who Was Told To Slim ‘Down To The Bone’ By Major London Agency Launches Petition


A 23-year-old model who claims she was pressured by a major London agency to become dangerously thin has launched a petition calling for a new law to protect other women. 

Rosalie Nelson, a size 8, who lives in London, revealed that last year, when she walked into the unnamed agency with dreams of becoming a model, she was told she 'ticked all the boxes except one' - her weight.

Even after losing a stone, the Australian-born beauty, who has since posed for Vogue, was encouraged to keep shedding weight and get 'down to the bone', something she says is all-too common in the fashion industry.

Rosalie's petition, which has garnered nearly 60,000 signatures on Change.org, reads: 'When I walked into one of the UK’s biggest model agencies last year they told me I ticked all the boxes except one - I needed to lose weight.

'So I did. Four months later I lost nearly a stone, 2 inches off my hips. When I returned to the same agency they told me to lose more weight, they wanted me ‘down to the bone’.'

Rosalie says that at this point, she 'refused' to be pressured into losing more weight and is now represented by London agency IMM and Hamburg-based agency Modelwerk. However she wants the pressure of agencies forcing models to get ‘down to the bone’ stop because it’s unhealthy and can lead to other harms.

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post