Ghanaian Football Star Asamoah Gyan Charged For Rape, Says It Was Consensual Sex


 asamoah-gyan_2901525b

The footballer has been slapped with a lawsuit by an undergrad who says Gyan raped her and fathers her unborn baby.

The captain of Ghanaian men's national football team, Asamoah Gyan, has been charged by police for the rape of Sarah Kwablah, a 22 year old student of the University of Ghana.

Her lawyer, Maurice Ampaw, said the complaint was made at the Victim Support Unit (DOOVSU) of the Ministry Police Station in Accra. The footballer claims that they both had consensual sex.

Kwablah, is also accusing Gyan of fathering her unborn child.

Hospital scans have already verified her pregnancy, but Gyan claims the child isn't his.

According to report, he has demanded a paternity test and is said to be prepared to take full responsibility of the child if it is proven that he is the father.

However,  a case of blackmail has been filed by Asamoah Gyan's lawyer, Kissi Adjabeng after Kwablah demanded for a fully furnished apartment, a housemaid, and a $1,000 monthly stipend from Gyan as compensation.

Speaking to Ghanaian radio station, Happy FM, Gyan reacted to the scandal saying "all through my career, I have always contended with obstacles whenever I'm trying to do anything but I never give up because I am mentally strong. I have not always had things running smoothly for me but I try to sail through."

"What has kept me going up to this time is my mental toughness," he went on, confident that his history of dealing with challenges on his way to greatness will come in handy again.

"You will notice that at almost every point in my life I have had challenges. I am blessed to have been able to go through all the time so I will go through this one too, again."

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post