FMB Exclusive: Interview With Creative Director/CEO of ISPIRATA By Hussain


Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you from?
My name is Hussain Orlando Idrees the creative director and CEO of ISPIRATA by Hussain. I was born on the 22nd of November, I am  cool, calm and collected, adventurous and witty. I love reading, sketching and listening to music. I love life and I love art. My favourite colours are all shades of blue. I am from Ogun state, Nigeria.

What’s your educational background?
I attended Baptist High School Port Harcourt for my junior class, I obtained my SSCE from Salawu Abiola Comprehensive High, Abeokuta owned by the late MKO Abiola, I had my OND in mass communication at Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta, and my B.Sc. in political science from University of Ado Ekiti, looking forward to my masters soon.

Continue After The Cut:

How would you define Lagos’s fashion?
Lagos fashion has gone overboard, Lagos fashion has always set the pace for the fashion industry in Nigeria, although there are creative designers in all parts of Nigeria, but Lagos fashion is the fulcrum for all designers to showcase their wears and shoot to the world, even the big fashion shows are held in Lagos such as Arise and Lagos Fashion Week where designers comes from various part of the world.

What was the first article of clothing you ever designed?
Hmmm….I think it will be a baggy adire pant and shirt, it looked very funny.

How does designing shoes differ from designing clothes?
Designing clothes and shoes quite differs, although both assemble tells a story about the personality of the wearer, the technicality involved in putting down a shoe starts from the sole, the interior and the fabric, while designing a cloth comes from different angle, sometimes it could be the fabric that inspirers the design, it could be the environment, my mood, music or wherever I could get inspiration from.

Describe the general process you go through to design and realize a piece of clothing?
Like I said earlier, bringing a design to reality could come from different angle, it could be my mood, the environment or mere seeing a fabric at the market and I know already what I could come up with. But most times, my sketches gives me a lead way in sourcing for a fabric and colors that can complement the design, cutting to accurate measurement, perfect tailoring and finishing.

What are some of your accomplishments as a designer?
I was the official designer for the Mr Ideal 2011, I hosted my first fashion show to officially launch my collection and it was quite an impressive show, I participated in the Lagos Fashion Maniac 2012, I have styled quite some celebrities for events and photo shoots; some of them are Uti, Olamide, Mr Nigeria etc. 

Contact Ispirata:
BBPin: 26236295.
08020717036, 07035346999

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post