Bodyguard fired by Kanye West for speaking to Kim slams the rapper



The bodyguard fired after Kanye West reportedly flew into a jealous rage after he 'chatted up' his wife Kim Kardashian has hit back at the rapper.

Stanulis, 42, a former Staten Island police officer and father of three, said he was sacked minutes after Kanye saw him approaching his wife at the door of their Presidential suite on the 36th floor of New York's Waldorf Astoria Hotel on Monday.
The bodyguard, who has also minded for Leonardo DiCaprio said Kanye was 'the most self-absorbed person' he had ever met.
Stanulis, who has worked for Kanye on multiple occasions, says his firing followed his decision to travel up to the 36th floor of the hotel and engage with Kardashian about their plans for Monday's Met Gala, which he believed had changed.

Steve Stanulis, in an exclusive interview with Daily Mail Online, denied he had made advances toward the TV star and declared: 'Kanye needs to chill the f*** out.'


Stanulis said:
 'They (Kanye and his wife) were getting ready for Met Gala. I was sitting downstairs in the Waldorf, and it was around 6pm.'I got some information that they were looking to rent a Lamborghini, or something of that nature.'
He said they had called their driver down to see if he could obtain the sports car.

'He tried, but he couldn't as it was last minute.'I went upstairs to see what was happening as we were supposed to be driving them.'I just wanted to make sure we were ready when they were ready. I went up to the floor to the Presidential Suite.'I was walking and the door was open and I happened to see Kim.'I thought I'd ask her or the other security or assistant if there was a change of plan.'As I was walking up to Kim and the room (within touching distance of Kardashian), Kanye walked by.
He came from around the corner and saw me walking towards the room.
'I turned around and said "Hey Mr West… how you doing?"
He said the superstar rapper failed to return the greeting, glared at him and walked past him.
 'He went to the door and slammed it. I thought that was Ok. So I went back downstairs. I told the driver I had no idea what was going on.'
Within minutes one of Kanye's senior staff called him and told him he would not be needed any more, effectively firing him on the spot.
Asked if he had been flirting with Kim Kardashian, he said:
 'Even if I wanted to, I never got the opportunity because it happened so fast.'The way he was situated (on the hotel corridor), maybe he thought I was there longer or walking up for a different reason.'Maybe it was a misunderstanding, but I didn't have the opportunity.'I had no intention on hitting on Kim Kardashian. I am happily married. I got enough problems in the world and three young kids, so that was not my intent.
She's a very beautiful girl, very attractive. But obviously it was just to see if they were going to get to the Met Gala at a particular time.'

Asked if he felt Kanye thought he had been hitting on his wife, he said:
 'I don't know if he was or wasn't. But if he was for whatever reason, he just has to chill out.
'I mean he has everything you could possibly want in the world…money, power, fame, a beautiful wife and talent. He has to pull back.'I'd like to think this was all a misunderstanding. But if this was the reason, to be where he is and to be that insecure, it is mind boggling to me.'If I am a handsome guy, a Chippendale and in a decent shape and he is threatened by that…would it surprise me? No.'

Stanulis said he had worked around 15 days this year for Kanye - ten in February at fashion week and five last week for the Met Gala, both in New York City.

During his New York Fashion Week stint, he was told to keep away from Kim after Kanye had seen him speaking to her. 
He said Kanye's rude attitude toward him at his first hiring did not put him off as he needed to earn the money, and the rate was set at around $300 dollars a day or $30 dollars an hour.

He said: 'I don't think he ever said two words to me. I would go to a restaurant with him and watch him to make sure nobody was bothering him. Not once was I offered a glass of water or a soda. That was never in his mindset.'
He said he had found working for the rapper 'traumatic' and was amazed at the insecurity of the Atlanta born multi-millionaire super star.

'I had heard through the grape vine that Kanye was tough to deal with and he went through a lot of security.'I was told before I took the work that I had to be thick skinned and prepared for anything because the littlest thing could trigger him.'
He said Kanye didn't like the door being opened for him and could lose it if his bodyguards were in TV shots with him.

Kanye also had been known to jump into a car with his entourage and leave his bodyguard to find a cab and follow.

'He's a bit condescending and when I was in the studio with him, people were walking on egg shells around him. It is almost like he can turn on a dime any second.

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post