“I would not worship a God who is homophobic” – Archbishop Desmond Tutu as Daughter Mpho, Marries A Woman

The daughter of iconic South African activist, Archbishop Desmond TutuMpho Tutu, has married her female partner, Marceline van Furth.
Desmond Tutu's daughter marries woman

Mpho is the  executive director of the Desmond and Leah Tutu Legacy Foundation, and like her father, is also an Anglican priest. Furth is a professor in pediatric infectious diseases at Vrije University in Amsterdam.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu rose to fame for his role in the fight against apartheid in South Africa, and has been vocal in his support for the LGBT movement.
“I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven,” he once said. “No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place. … I would not worship a God who is homophobic, and that is how deeply I feel about this.”

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post