Footballer Taye Taiwo Expresses Shock Of Exclusion From World Cup Squad For Brazil 2014

Super Eagles head coach Ste­phen Keshi shocked pundits when he announced his provisional list without the Turkey-based full-back as well as strikers Obafemi Martins and Ike Uche.

Taiwo, who has over 50 caps for the national team, said that he ex­pected an explanation about his omission for the highly-anticipated football showpiece.

"Yes, I'm surprised because we (me and Keshi) never had any prob­lems," Taiwo told Kick Off. "If there was any problem, at least they could have told me 'okay Taye, this is the problem'.

"I don't really know. But even in Europe when they bring a new coach, there is a lot of changes sometimes. Sometimes the new coach doesn't have you in his plans.

"Everywhere, even in Europe, the coach has his own players that he wants. If the coach doesn't believe in you, no matter how you train, you can't do anything about it.

"I'm really disappointed because I'm a Nigerian player. But I can't say I want to stop playing for the national team. Life is all about under­standing.

"Maybe this period our coach doesn't want me. But that is not a problem for me."

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post