“I Will Not Accept Tenure Renewal, I’ll Quit as INEC Chairman in June” – Attahiru Jega


The chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega, has said he will not accept a tenure renewal even if he is offered.
In an interview with BBC Hausa,the INEC Chairman, says he will be leaving office in June this year when his tenure as Chairman of the electoral body ends.

    "I am grateful to God. I was asked to come and contribute my own quota to the national development and I have done my bit to the best of my ability. Whatever assignment one will do for five years, just like this difficult one to me, if one is able to successfully accomplish the task, someone else should be given the opportunity. Because for me I am not interested & if I am requested to serve again, I will not do it, by God's grace" he said.

Prof. Jega came into office in 2010 and has conducted two elections so far, which have the been judged the fairest in Nigeria.

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post