I Have Accepted The Reality That Buhari Will Be President – Critic Charles Novia




Popular Nollywood producer and film maker Charles Novia yesterday shared his thoughts on the outcome of the 2015 Presidential election in which APC's General Muhammadu Buhari emerged as the president-elect of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The producer who had early declared he was in support of President Goodluck Jonathan, congratulated Gen. Buhari and urged Nigerians to help move the country forward.

He said:


"With all sense of responsibility and with no remorse or regrets, I accept the reality which my calculations in the past couple of hours have showed me. General Buhari will be the President – Elect of Nigeria.

Our democracy has won and President Jonathan, commendably, has furthered that institution by allowing the will of the people through their votes. This loss of the person I canvassed for, without any coercion except my personal convictions, does not in anyway make me less the person I am because of my political views. Neither does it make you too. It's only those who go the route of making a vindictive issue out of whom one voted and why one should be castigated for that, that are the small minds in a large progressive crowd.

The past few months have been tasking but we kept the faith. We fought a good fight. Now is the time for us to help in moving Nigeria forward the way the winner has outlined in his program. However tumultuous the next few months may seem, however heart rending the anger of the political disappointment might be, let us put the greater good of our nation first.

Democracies are built on what just happened. Jonathan will go down in history as one of a kind politician in Nigeria. There might never be a Man of such political disposition like him for years. His political enhancement will be studied for generations to come.

I am a Nigerian. A proud Nigerian. I have participated in the political destiny of my nation through my art and person. Just like you. I have no regrets whatsoever about my political posts on facebook and will leave them there for history to know where I stood and why I did. It was my right and my vote. And I am glad I did.

A new era begins in our political direction. May God keep us all alive to survive and flourish."

Share this post

Post a comment

:ambivalent:
:angry:
:confused:
:content:
:cool:
:crazy:
:cry:
:embarrassed:
:footinmouth:
:frown:
:gasp:
:grin:
:heart:
:hearteyes:
:innocent:
:kiss:
:laughing:
:minifrown:
:minismile:
:moneymouth:
:naughty:
:nerd:
:notamused:
:sarcastic:
:sealed:
:sick:
:slant:
:smile:
:thumbsdown:
:thumbsup:
:wink:
:yuck:
:yum:

Next Post
Newer Post
Previous Post
Older Post